CADMUS Support Service
CADMUS Support Service (CSS) provides a range of Primary School support services including a Behaviour Consultant to advise school leaders on how to effectively support their schools, pupils and parents in the area of positive behaviour management. As well as whole-school support, bespoke support for those pupils who are at risk of exclusion is available. This support is supplied via service level agreements with individual schools, clusters or federations. Costs for this support are offered as a series of packages, depending on the level of support requested.
Support will be provided by Stella Wynn, a qualified primary teacher with over twenty years’ experience of teaching in all Primary Phases. Stella has worked in a variety of inner-city Birmingham schools as well as spending some time teaching in Staffordshire. In addition to this, Stella has worked with excluded secondary age pupils and has been involved with a government project taking 15-19 year olds on residential trips. More recently, she has been working with a local authority based behaviour support service, working in schools and with pupils whose behaviour is a cause for concern or places them at risk of exclusion.
She has worked extensively with staff, parents and pupils within schools. Many pupils have had bespoke support packages created and have therefore avoided permanent exclusion and have seen a reduction in fixed-term exclusions. Stella has recently completed Designated Safeguarding Lead training and is able to deliver Level 1 Safeguarding training to staff in schools.
Stella has a proven track record of building strong relationships with schools enabling support, and challenge where necessary, to be delivered in a robust yet sympathetic manner. Whole school training has been well received across the board and improvements in staff responses to challenging behaviour have reduced serious incidents in many schools, and also reduced the amount of time senior staff have spent dealing with the results of pupils experiencing peaks of anxiety-driven behaviour.
Whole school support
- Whole school observation with bespoke written recommendations
- Revision of existing Behaviour Policies to reflect best practice
- Exclusion Advice
- Whole school training packages including:
De-escalation Techniques for Pupils with Autism Spectrum Condition
Midday Supervisor Training
Fundamentals of Good Classroom Management (NQT Support)
- Bespoke Newly Qualified Teacher support
- Bespoke staff support as required
Pupil focused support
- Consultation with staff and parents
- Initial Observation and recommendations
- Gathering pupil perspectives and pupil voice
- Bespoke intervention planning
- Review consultations
- Focus on potentially unidentified learning needs
- Support with Education Health and Care plan applications
- Advice on pupils who are at risk of exclusion
- Planned year-group transition
- Support with bespoke transition work for vulnerable pupils
- Parental engagement support and meetings
- Liaison with other professionals working around the child
Stella is a respected professional who has always been prompt to respond to our requests for support. She takes time to talk to the staff to understand the child as a whole and their difficulties. Stella is extremely efficient at writing reports that are detailed and include a range of strategies for staff to use. She is a personable specialist who listens to and works well with teachers and support staff of all skill levels and experience.
Thanks for your unwavering support.
Deb Naffati – Head Teacher
New Invention Infant School
We have worked for a number of years with Stella at Little Bloxwich. She has always been very supportive and knowledgeable. She is able to challenge the staff’s thinking in a supportive manner which brings around positive outcomes for the children.
Stella is always quick to respond to calls and emails and understands the need to access support quickly.
Stella has a wealth of experience and practical suggestions for helping children achieve and change their behaviour.
She has carried out staff training for school staff, including lunchtime supervisors, which has proved very beneficial.
Stella is good humoured and this is always welcomed in school, as she understands the challenges that staff face.
Ellen Taylor – Head Teacher
Stella has supported staff during difficult times with children with extremely challenging behaviour. She has worked closely with the SENCO and has developed personalised development plans based on Boxhall Profile results and discussions with staff. She has observed many children and has offered advice and guidance. Stella has established good working relationships with staff. She has supported the school through a difficult exclusion. Stella is always available at the end of the phone if advice is needed. She identifies strengths in the school/classroom and offers the next steps, bolstering staff morale.
Stella is a very positive person who is always smiling and bubbly. She is a happy person. Children warm to her. She is efficient, sending reports quickly and always arrives on time/early.
Donna Harper – Head Teacher
Alumwell Infant School, Walsall
- Real professional discussion in which Stella personalised strategies and advice for the children we have – Class Teacher
- Fantastic session… being able to discuss ideas/strategies were extremely helpful, especially talking to someone who has “been there”. Thank you, Stella – Class Teacher
- It was useful to have practical examples of scenarios in the classroom and strategies that could be used to help alongside theoretical knowledge – Class Teacher
- Stella was very understanding and helped as much as possible with our individual children. The video of what it was like for an autistic child was very powerful – Teaching Assistant
- Stella had a wealth of experience to draw upon to deliver an engaging and insightful presentation. Super. – Class Teacher
- Brilliant course! I received training from Stella at an NQT session run by Cadmus last year, but I still found this training fresh and so helpful – Class Teacher
- Thank you! Brilliant course. Lots of things to take away! – Class Teacher
- Fantastic training; addressed all of the questions I had, Really useful – Behaviour Lead
- Excellent knowledge and expertise. Really useful strategies provided – 1:1 support teacher
- Brilliant training, really useful ideas and strategies – Teacher
- Lots of great techniques that can be used in everyday classrooms. Thank you for such a lovely day – Class Teacher
- The day has been filled with great information and advice. It has been fun – and at times sad talking about different children’s backgrounds. A sign of a great course. Thank you – Class Teacher
- A “real” presentation by a “real” person, who can definitely practise what she preaches – lots of useful strategies – Class Teacher
Please contact us.
01922 254 007